Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
On the FAH side, we have been losing our position.... we can do it, we have the power
:)

As for SAH... jesus it is ****ed... it updated my scores a week ago and now they are back down again... the score update is just not working. I received my 250 certificate when the site said I had 186.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: FAH and SAH... WHAT'S GOING ON?????

Originally posted by madamimadam
On the FAH side, we have been losing our position.... we can do it, we have the power
:)

my suggestion - drop seti - i did. There is more than enough support for seti world wide. Folding can use all the help it can get, so why not run it on all your machines when ever you can?

I'm catching up to you and i'll pass you soon......:D

D

rugby

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
chicago
Re: Re: FAH and SAH... WHAT'S GOING ON?????

Originally posted by dukestreet

my suggestion - drop seti - i did. There is more than enough support for seti world wide. Folding can use all the help it can get, so why not run it on all your machines when ever you can?

I'm catching up to you and i'll pass you soon......:D

D

I just passed him. I'm only folding on a dual Duron 1.2 (running at dual 1.366) and I've gotten to 16th place, soon to be 15th. That's pretty sad.

It's odd, my PC gets much harder proteins to crunch than my Macs ever did. I've only completed 51 proteins and they're worth 217 points.

I'll probably fold on my Dual G4 867 when it gets here, but it just seems that Macs are slower to fold than PC's.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
I have joined SETI now and since last Thursday Im (Chimera doesnt take abostrophes!?!) at home with DSL flat... so I am prepared to take the charts ;)

Since DSL flat I have increased my position at Folding from 71 to 63!

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
I WISH I could put all resources into FAH but I can not.

The reason I have been losing position is because I have just finished setting up my beautiful new WebObject site on a DP 500. While it was in development I have the DP crunching 24/7 but now I want all resources to be set aside for the site.

I have plenty more pooters here but most run SETI because they are still in OS 9 and the office is just not yet ready for OS X across the board, unfortunately.

X.2 has taken us one step closer to being ready for the switch, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.