Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
whats this mean? the protein keeps processing but when i "display" the protein, it says "working" and other stuff then stops on "network send failure"

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
When this has happened to me, with the console version, it's downloaded new work and it's trying to send the finished results but apparently the results server is busy or the results or unacceptable.

After I made the transition from 2.x to 3.x, I ended up tossing out one set of results per machine because they were unacceptable.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It seems as though overnight, particularly Sunday night, San Fransisco bay area time, the servers don't seem to be accepting results.

You might calculate the time difference (UTC/GMT-8 hours) and see if you can force the results to be send, i.e. OSX-3.12 -send n where n is the unit number of the rules to be sent.

I noticed a similar problem on USA's Labor Day. It's almost as if the servers are down for backup.

I would try to send the results, but then you might not get credit for them. Of course, as long as the team gets credit...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.