Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nightfury23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2016
Bekasi
Help me, I've just bought a new game in the steam, and when I download the game file by clicking the play, I get this notice. Whereas in the game support for the Mac platform (you can see the picture below). Please help.

Sorry for my bad english.
Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 8.05.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 8.08.28 AM.png

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Try verifying the game cache. Right click on the title in the library, properties, local files, "verify integrity."

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Or, if that doesn't work, delete the local game files from your Steam library, and reinstall it.

Barring that, delete and re-install Steam itself.

Garrod

Suspended
Nov 13, 2008
UK
Help me, I've just bought a new game in the steam, and when I download the game file by clicking the play, I get this notice. Whereas in the game support for the Mac platform (you can see the picture below). Please help.

Sorry for my bad english.

I've got the same game. It loads when I boot in Windows but as for OS X (and Linux) it doesn't download anything. There are a number of people on the Steam discussions having the same problem - this has happened to me before in the past where it says a game on Steam is OS X compatible but it's not.

If you paid for it, ask for a refund ASAP. You can get the game free on Steam using the following link but hurry, the deal will be ending soon: http://failmid.com/game/journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-100-discount/

...it might just be that they haven't fully ported it to OS X or suchlike yet, which I have found to be the case before.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.