Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I installed fakebadges and using 2.2. Now I'm in the mode when I click any app it asks me what number I want for app badge and I have the numeric keyboard only so I can't type "off" to turn it off. I can't look for my Settings app in Spotlight because I have everything turned off in Spotlight settings. I can't open Springtomize 2 to disable the add on and I don't have SBSettings. How do I open an app or delete this tweak using iFunBox??

Edit: Ok so after posting this I realised it was open in my app switcher so I could access it from that. I guess at least no one else will do what I did and get screwed :p Make sure to set an activator gesture

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
For future reference, whenever you run into a problem with your phone, you can always hold down the volume up button when the phone boots up which will take you to safe mode. Easily one of the greatest features recently added to a classic jailbreak software. Also an easily forgotten one too lol.

itchyfeet104

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
I installed fakebadges and using 2.2. Now I'm in the mode when I click any app it asks me what number I want for app badge and I have the numeric keyboard only so I can't type "off" to turn it off. I can't look for my Settings app in Spotlight because I have everything turned off in Spotlight settings. I can't open Springtomize 2 to disable the add on and I don't have SBSettings. How do I open an app or delete this tweak using iFunBox??

Edit: Ok so after posting this I realised it was open in my app switcher so I could access it from that. I guess at least no one else will do what I did and get screwed :p Make sure to set an activator gesture

can you pls help me i have the same problem but i dont have a app switcher and i dont know what to do.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
can you pls help me i have the same problem but i dont have a app switcher and i dont know what to do.

Hold on let me see if I can find the passcode you can use to disable it.

Edit: Just type this in: 1928472634

----------

What's the purpose of "FakeBadges?"

I don't get it.

Sometimes I want to test out my status bar notification icons so I wanted to use this :p

I ended up uninstalling it though. After that mini panic attack I had I decided it wasn't worth it.

itchyfeet104

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Hold on let me see if I can find the passcode you can use to disable it.

Edit: Just type this in: 1928472634

----------

Sometimes I want to test out my status bar notification icons so I wanted to use this :p

I ended up uninstalling it though. After that mini panic attack I had I decided it wasn't worth it.

WOW!!! that was fast...thank you very much!!! :p

how did u get it

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
WOW!!! that was fast...thank you very much!!! :p

how did u get it

You're welcome. I remember I really freaked out when it happened to me so I know how relieved you must feel right now lol.

I emailed the dev when it happened to me and I just checked my inbox. Good thing I didn't delete it :p

----------

For future reference, whenever you run into a problem with your phone, you can always hold down the volume up button when the phone boots up which will take you to safe mode. Easily one of the greatest features recently added to a classic jailbreak software. Also an easily forgotten one too lol.

Oh yeah forgot about that. thanks

itchyfeet104

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
You're welcome. I remember I really freaked out when it happened to me so I know how relieved you must feel right now lol.

I emailed the dev when it happened to me and I just checked my inbox. Good thing I didn't delete it :p

----------

Oh yeah forgot about that. thanks

i was working on it for 3 hours then i found this site and luckily you're online. whew i am relieved now.. thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.