Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
So, I've had to replace my iPhone 6 Plus due a faulty microphone and as I type this have both my original phone and the express replacement sitting in front of me. The replacement is just updating to iOS 9.0.1 so I can restore my current backup, the other is running Fallout Shelter.

As far as I can tell, the app data won't be uploaded onto iCloud, meaning I will lose my vault (assumably). Is there any way to backup my data and transfer it across? My vault is modest, but I'm finally building up some good gear and have it running efficiently. It would suck to lose it all and have to start again...

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
Do a full back up of the phone to a computer, then plug in the new phone and restore it with back up data. It shouldn't delete you games data. It really does suck that so many games have glitchy iCloud saves >:eek:

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
iTunes backup worked like a charm, thanks!

Kind of annoying they didn't include the option to backup though iCloud. Though I probably should have used iTunes to backup/restore in the first place. Less of a headache than iCloud which seemed to be having trouble restoring some of my apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.