Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloigorr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2021
Germany
Hello! Since I switched from my trusty SE2016 to my new 13 mini in late January I get the following notification every other day (sorry for German):

F427D05A-E236-4AA8-AB48-468A4C6F64AC.jpeg

Basically it says that my iPhone found a pair of unknown AirPods travelling with me plus a map showing my way home. The problem is: these are mine ?‍? I bought them in December and with my SE2016 there was no such notification at all. What can I do to make my phone recognise the AirPods as my own ones?

Thanks in advance!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hello! Since I switched from my trusty SE2016 to my new 13 mini in late January I get the following notification every other day (sorry for German):

View attachment 1960239
Basically it says that my iPhone found a pair of unknown AirPods travelling with me plus a map showing my way home. The problem is: these are mine ?‍? I bought them in December and with my SE2016 there was no such notification at all. What can I do to make my phone recognise the AirPods as my own ones?

Thanks in advance!
There's a thread that has some forum members suffering the same bug.. I think a temporary fix is to shut off the "AirPod's left behind" and "notify when found" notifications in find my

Lloigorr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2021
Germany
Oh I didn’t know there already exists a threat. I searched but didn’t find anything. Thank you for your reply

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Oh I didn’t know there already exists a threat. I searched but didn’t find anything. Thank you for your reply
Here's what I could find

Reactions: Lloigorr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.