Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smitees

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2015
Our family has apps installed that were originally downloaded from the Organizer of our Family Sharing setup. Those Apps are not updating automatically and when we try to Update/Update All through the App Store it always asks for the credentials of the Organizer. Is this the expected behavior or should they automatically update without having to input anything?

Thanks

christiann

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2020
North America
Our family has apps installed that were originally downloaded from the Organizer of our Family Sharing setup. Those Apps are not updating automatically and when we try to Update/Update All through the App Store it always asks for the credentials of the Organizer. Is this the expected behavior or should they automatically update without having to input anything?

Thanks

We have that too. You shouldn’t have to get a password to update. The child has the ability to go into the App Store and press “Update”.

Smitees

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2015
Once I log in with the Organizer’s credentials it adds my device to the list of devices under that Apple ID which if I am understanding Family Sharing it shouldn’t need to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.