Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
1. Is there a limit to the number of simultaneous users? Can the maximum number of five people watch AppleTV +? How does this work and with the other services?

2. I want to share with family members so they have access to only Music, AppleTV + and maybe Fitness. Do family members have access to anything else of mine? Calendar, tasks, email, anything that I might consider private?

Thanks!

moneyman118

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
1. Is there a limit to the number of simultaneous users? Can the maximum number of five people watch AppleTV +? How does this work and with the other services?

2. I want to share with family members so they have access to only Music, AppleTV + and maybe Fitness. Do family members have access to anything else of mine? Calendar, tasks, email, anything that I might consider private?

Thanks!
Only if you grant them access. I have a calendar set up for my daughter mother so she can see when I have things planned. When I add something to my calendar that they dont need to know about I chose a different calendar. You don't even need them to see what you listen too or your playlists. Not sure about AppleTv or Fitness. Apple is big on privacy so it might not be as "open" to your family!

Reactions: kat.hayes

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
I thought you could always share calendars without it being part of family sharing? Has this setting recently changed? I share a calendar with my best friend neither of us are in either of our family plans.

Reactions: moneyman118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.