Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ianpereira

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2021
So guys!

Need yours master help.

My machine MacBook Air mid 2012, 13 inches, which I have just replaced the fan, now, as soon as I turn the Mac on, the fan starts medially. I have no complain about the noise, it sounds really smooth, but is still trickling... sounds not normal. The performance is pretty good, no bug at all.
Now I will let you know all I have done already.

1- I have had reinstalled the system (Catalina) which is on its last update.
2- SMC- I have done all of those stuffs already.
3- Board- I looked at it and it seems ''perfect'', no stains, no dirty.
4- All, definitely, all systems, commands, programs, on the Mac works perfectly.
5- I have downloaded the TG PRO- and Mac fan control. TG PRO doesn't report any abnormality. The fan control reports about 5.800 rpm til 6.700, but I have NO CONTROL at all.
6- Since I have erased and reinstalled the system over again, I don't think is nothing related to software, bug, clean, anything like that.

PLEAAASEEEE, give me a reason!!!!!

Thanks a lot!

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
Sounds like a sensor isn’t working so it is failing safe (fans on). You could check that out or try smcfancontrol to manually set fan speed.

Reactions: ianpereira

ianpereira

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2021
Sounds like a sensor isn’t working so it is failing safe (fans on). You could check that out or try smcfancontrol to manually set fan speed.
Thank you for your reply. But I have tried to USA SMC fan control and many other but they just seems not working as I set it to run a little slower. I have absolutely no control on the app. Any suggestion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.