Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babalougots

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2021
I have the Lutron Fan Speed switch. Works great. Prior to iOS 16, I was able to set a Scene for fan speed at 25% and another scene at 50% fan speed. With iOS 16 the scene will work but I can no longer turn off the fan when pressing the scene button, it only turns on the fan to to the specified speed in my scene I have other scenes that allow for me to toggle on/off by pressing the specific scene but not with the Scene for my fan.

What is a good workaround?

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
I have the Lutron Fan Speed switch. Works great. Prior to iOS 16, I was able to set a Scene for fan speed at 25% and another scene at 50% fan speed. With iOS 16 the scene will work but I can no longer turn off the fan when pressing the scene button, it only turns on the fan to to the specified speed in my scene I have other scenes that allow for me to toggle on/off by pressing the specific scene but not with the Scene for my fan.

What is a good workaround?

I don't have that device but maybe I have similar issues... the scenes do not always seem to function as toggles.

Certain scenes, like the ones with locks, cannot be toggled. However, I have other scenes with lights, that I can just toggle on/off. And yet I also have a scene that is set to turn OFF a bunch of lights and that is not a toggle. Some of my scenes span across rooms and others everything is in one room... I don't know if that's part of it.

My suggestion is to do like Apple does with HomeKit - just experiment with it until it kinda does what you want. Maybe you need to create an "opposite" scene to mimic the missing toggle.

Reactions: dotme

babalougots

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2021
Thanks. The toggle with a fan-only scene used to work prior to iOS 16. I can create an automation but would not be able to fully control the on/off unless I wrote a long IFTTT...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.