Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
As topic says, after installing 10.10 after a few seconds the temps go totally haywire and the fans hit max, while nothing is happening just sitting in desktop, have to turn it off to not kill it. Anyone had this?

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Ill try... but its a scary race against time :p as the laptop just goes ballistic!

I did just do an upgrade ( as i have with nearly every other beta without too much trouble) but there is a very real chance there is some small thing it doesn't like... finding it how ever...

addiecool

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2002
New Delhi, India
fixed

I have a 2013 Retina 15.4" Macbook Pro and 2012 Retina MBP. Was having the same issue with UserEventAgent hogging up 117-140% CPU.

The following worked for me to temporarily solve the issue. I nneded to get it solved as my battery lasted only 1.5 hrs due to high CPU use.

Go to

System/Library/LaunchAgents

and "move" the following files out of the folder to any place safe.

1. com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow.plist
2. com.apple.UserEventAgent-Aqua.plist

OSX will ask you for admin authentiction.

Once done. Reboot and the HIGH CPU usage should be gone.

I noticed that these are agents used to trigger important system drivers (as far as I know and I may be stupid) but so far it has not affected anything at all. System is running fine for the last 2 hrs.

Just my two cents.

If this screws up things for anyone, pretend you never read this. ;-)

Newfiejudd

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
I have a 2013 Retina 15.4" Macbook Pro and 2012 Retina MBP. Was having the same issue with UserEventAgent hogging up 117-140% CPU.

The following worked for me to temporarily solve the issue. I nneded to get it solved as my battery lasted only 1.5 hrs due to high CPU use.

Go to

I noticed that these are agents used to trigger important system drivers (as far as I know and I may be stupid) but so far it has not affected anything at all. System is running fine for the last 2 hrs.

Just my two cents.

Thank you very much. My system was burning up. So far so good. :)

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010

Go to

Just my two cents.

Does this change anything with the super laggy and sluggish performance when dragging finder windows around on the desktop? its interesting because if you look at the activity monitor as you drag a window around, the _windowserver goes ******* on the cpu basically capping it and thereby creating the "lag".

rritterson

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
DC USA
ctrl+shift+command+option+.

Upload the sys diagnose zip file that will eventually appear in a new finder window to a bug report describing the problem at bugreporter.apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.