Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I have Farcry 5 but got tired of it fairly quickly. The story concept was fairly cool, but felt like I was just doing the same things over and over again. I got bored of it quite quickly.
Yes, you are fighting bad people for control of the County in a post-apocalyptic world. I understand how you might feel that it is the same thing repeatedly, fighting in different tactical situations. I've not yet gotten bored with it. But I do agree that it is lacking in RPG qualities. :)

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
@Huntn Have you played the best Far Cry game yet? Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

R.bc483b162a99daefcbb45f2072d82e7a

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
@Huntn Have you played the best Far Cry game yet? Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

R.bc483b162a99daefcbb45f2072d82e7a
Somehow, I missed that one. I’ve said that these are primarily action games, and they seem shallow by RPG standards, but I still enjoy the open world and the mayhem. I commented recently that in New Dawn if you stop along the road to say hijack a fuel truck, and remain there too long, a string of enemies who “just happen to be driving down the road” will stop to engage you. At times it get’s quite frantic and fun, although on normal difficulty it is on the easy side, which… is fine by me. :D

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Somehow, I missed that one. I’ve said that these are primarily action games, and they seem shallow by RPG standards, but I still enjoy the open world and the mayhem. I commented recently that in New Dawn if you stop along the road to say hijack a fuel truck, and remain there too long, a string of enemies who “just happen to be driving down the road” will stop to engage you. At times it get’s quite frantic and fun, although on normal difficulty it is on the easy side, which… is fine by me. :D

Oh honey...you need to stop whatever you're playing and play Blood Dragon. Blood Dragon is essentially a giant cheesy 80s straight to Betamax action movie. Starring legendary actor Michael Biehn as REX "POWER" COLT, a Mark IV Cyber Commando sent to stop Omega Force from deploying an army of monsters known as Blood Dragons, nuclear radioactive monsters who can shoot lasers out of their eyes.

You get a really fun arsenal in Blood Dragon, such as the shotgun from Terminator (you even hold it like in Terminator,) the explosive sniper rifle from Robocop, hell, YOU EVEN GET ROBOCOP'S PISTOL, named the A.J.M., named after a fallen police officer from the Detroit Slums, directly referencing Robocop.

You're just a superpowered cyborg on a mission to save the world

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Oh honey...you need to stop whatever you're playing and play Blood Dragon. Blood Dragon is essentially a giant cheesy 80s straight to Betamax action movie. Starring legendary actor Michael Biehn as REX "POWER" COLT, a Mark IV Cyber Commando sent to stop Omega Force from deploying an army of monsters known as Blood Dragons, nuclear radioactive monsters who can shoot lasers out of their eyes.

You get a really fun arsenal in Blood Dragon, such as the shotgun from Terminator (you even hold it like in Terminator,) the explosive sniper rifle from Robocop, hell, YOU EVEN GET ROBOCOP'S PISTOL, named the A.J.M., named after a fallen police officer from the Detroit Slums, directly referencing Robocop.

You're just a superpowered cyborg on a mission to save the world

Oh, she called me honey… :) I may just take a peak. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Umm...I'm a guy lmao. My profile pic is just of a female character

Her name is Futaba. She's from one of my favorite games Persona 5 Royal (which you should also be playing)

I suggested several years ago that gender designations be allowed on profile pages, that went on deaf ears. You did call me honey though. ;)

msmyrtle

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2023
Blood Dragon was the peak for me, I tried the FC4 for a bit but it just wasn't "it"... And ever since I played Doom 2016, I'm afraid I completely lost interest in the Far Cry series, they suddenly started looking far too formulaic to me

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Blood Dragon was the peak for me, I tried the FC4 for a bit but it just wasn't "it"... And ever since I played Doom 2016, I'm afraid I completely lost interest in the Far Cry series, they suddenly started looking far too formulaic to me
I’m seeing that. It’s like playing the same game, with a different setting over and over. 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.