Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duckson

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
Preston, UK
I’ve got a Ravpower power bank that has a USB C output/input but I’m not sure it’s working correctly with my XS Max.
Using a USB C to lightning cable (2 different ones actually, Amazon and Choetech) it seems to put it on fast charge (I get a double charging bong notification) and the light illuminates on the power bank but after 10-15 seconds it goes out. Wait another short while and I get a charging bong again and the light illuminates (note all the while the phone is indicating it’s being charged at least at a standard rate). The light also goes off and on with my sons iPad Pro 10.5 (no bings, assume that’s only an iPhone thing?).

Phone percentage was about 54%, my Anker fast wall charger puts it into fast charge and it stays there.

BuggyGT

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
The double beeps are no longer accurate way of knowing if it is fast charging or not, on my iPhone 11 Pro I sometimes get the double beep or sometimes I dont so its not reliable. Without using a USB power meter the only way you can really tell is time it yourself. You can try this, when your phone is down to 10% or so battery life plug it in to charge and time roughly how long it takes to charge to 50% it should take about 20 to 25 minutes.

Here is a chart below compared to the 5w charger, for example in 30 minutes the slow 5w charging only charged 16% of the battery.

Inviolabs_iPhone11_compare_9.jpg

Reactions: duckson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.