Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billiam0878

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2002
Winter Park, FL
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a decent point-and-shoot digital camera around the $150-$250 pricerange that shoots pictures pretty quickly. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Bill

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
I'm looking for a decent point-and-shoot digital camera around the $150-$250 pricerange that shoots pictures pretty quickly. Any recommendations?

There are a ton of options...

What kind of pictures do you want to take?

Do you need a long zoom range?

Do you need to take pictures indoors, in low light? (probably the best option for that is the Fuji F30)

I'd suggest reading reviews on dpreview.com

billiam0878

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2002
Winter Park, FL
There are a ton of options...

What kind of pictures do you want to take?

Do you need a long zoom range?

Do you need to take pictures indoors, in low light? (probably the best option for that is the Fuji F30)

I'd suggest reading reviews on dpreview.com

Yeah-- I'm looking for less shutter lag. I take lots of scenic pictures and some people pictures. Don't need a long zoom range. Also don't take many pictures indoors, though some would be low-light. Does that help?

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah-- I'm looking for less shutter lag. I take lots of scenic pictures and some people pictures. Don't need a long zoom range. Also don't take many pictures indoors, though some would be low-light. Does that help?

I would definately reccommend the F30 - can't be beaten for low light use.

Don't know about it's price in the US though. It is a high-end point & shoot model.

David

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I just got the F20 which is pretty much identical to the F30 and a hundred dollars cheaper. It has a smaller battery (300 shots on a charge) lesser iso (2000 instead of 3200 i believe ) and not as high resolution lcd and maybe some other things. I do like it alot though.

check out fuji's website or cnet revies to get info on these

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.