Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruijters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Hello

I' m have a mac pro. looking for some new fast ssd. ( ±1300 - 2500 MB/s) 500 - 1tb.

Price max ±180,- euro

Schermafdruk 2019-10-16 23.34.28.png

Schermafdruk 2019-10-17 16.07.40.png

fatespawn

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2009
Chicagoish
Do you need a drive or a PCIe Card?

PCIe Card:

NVMe Drive:

Reactions: Ruijters

CaliforniaDreamin

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2019
Bay Area
This thread is similar to a question I have for my 5,1 build. I'm glad this was posted and answered.

Apologies if this seems rhetorical to most, but we need the PCIe card to hold the NVMe drive, correct?

Also, I saw these new Samsung NVMe drives earlier today online. Are they Mac-compatible or PC only? Looks like a great price on larger capacity for that high speed.

I'm trying to determine which way to go with all storage in the 5,1 (and across all my machines) for the upper trays and PCIe slots.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
This thread is similar to a question I have for my 5,1 build. I'm glad this was posted and answered.

Apologies if this seems rhetorical to most, but we need the PCIe card to hold the NVMe drive, correct?

Also, I saw these new Samsung NVMe drives earlier today online. Are they Mac-compatible or PC only? Looks like a great price on larger capacity for that high speed.

I'm trying to determine which way to go with all storage in the 5,1 (and across all my machines) for the upper trays and PCIe slots.
Read the first post of the thread Blade SSDs - NVMe & AHCI.

Ruijters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Do you need a drive or a PCIe Card?

PCIe Card:

NVMe Drive:

I THINK BOTH.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.