Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KGB7

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
The pages now scroll faster in Safari in iOS 11!!
Woohoo! This is awesome!

I havent used beta and haven’t seen anyone mention it, so I just wanted to share this with everyone.

Reactions: Sharkoneau

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
The pages now scroll faster in Safari in iOS 11!!
Woohoo! This is awesome!

I havent used beta and haven’t seen anyone mention it, so I just wanted to share this with everyone.

They changed the Safari scrolling speed and momentum to match everything else. I never really understood why a) there was such vitriol about their being a difference or b) why there was a difference in the first place.

Lawzen

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2017
This is probably one of my favourite features in iOS 11. I used Chrome for awhile because it’s had this smoother scrolling when Safari didn’t. Now I’m full time on Safari :)

Reactions: Act3

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is probably one of my favourite features in iOS 11. I used Chrome for awhile because it’s had this smoother scrolling when Safari didn’t. Now I’m full time on Safari :)
It wasn't so much that it's smoother per se as it was Safari not using inertia scrolling (perhaps so that people don't accidentally scroll too fast through something they are reading or some other reason or perhaps an oversight). Now inertia scrolling is used in Safari as well.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I never noticed the difference. Like mouse acceleration, I'm just oblivious to certain things.

KGB7

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
Yeah, I was using Chrome in the beginning, but then I told my self I need to commit my self to iOS, so I put up with slow safari scrolling.
But now life is a little better. It’s the little things that bring me joy. :)

Reactions: Lawzen

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
The better faster scrolling in safari is the only reason I upgraded to iOS 11. I will have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised on how smooth 11 runs on my 6s, a lot less input blocking. Only stutters I notice are the 3D Touch animations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.