Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
I keep seeing people mention about having a higher wattage usb plugs to charge their iPhones, but im really confused about what im looking for. I have an iPhone XS which I normally charge using whatever plug is available with a cable. I also have a belkin wireless charging mat which is so slow its unusable.

what am I looking for in terms of a usb plug that will charge quicker? I see some multi chargers on amazon that say 28w, 30w, 40w, is that per single plug? some mention about q or fast charge? im lost.
[automerge]1572124964[/automerge]
would one of these be a good idea

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I keep seeing people mention about having a higher wattage usb plugs to charge their iPhones, but im really confused about what im looking for. I have an iPhone XS which I normally charge using whatever plug is available with a cable. I also have a belkin wireless charging mat which is so slow its unusable.

what am I looking for in terms of a usb plug that will charge quicker? I see some multi chargers on amazon that say 28w, 30w, 40w, is that per single plug? some mention about q or fast charge? im lost.
[automerge]1572124964[/automerge]
would one of these be a good idea

Can't access that link here, but you definitely need to thoroughly read the Amazon posting to figure out what each port's output is. I had the same issue when looking for a wall charger because sometimes the description would be for the best port but sometimes for the total of all ports. I like the Anker 30W one. It has the 18W USBC and 12W USBA. XS and 11 at least can support a max input of 18W charging. Not totally sure about X and below.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.