Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouisOscar17

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
Hi all,

I'm starting a new business soon and I'm looking for advise on domain and mailbox hosting.

Does anybody have any experience with either Fasthosts of GoDaddy? I'm looking at using Exchange for the email accounts, but may eventually opt to use iCloud Mail if it pulls through all emails from the Exchange account. GoDaddy seems to have advanced security and backup features but these all come at an additional cost.

Completely new to all of this hosting malarkey so I'm looking to hear of your good/bad opinions on either of these hosting companies!

Thanks in advance!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I get my domain hosting from the cheapest I can find. Two were on Godaddy but I moved them a few years back.

For email hosting, you can use any service you want. I have email for one domain set up at Office 365 Exchange ($4/mo per account), one through a free, grandfathered Google account, and one very-low-volume domain is just using the free IMAP email at its domain host.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi all,

I'm starting a new business soon and I'm looking for advise on domain and mailbox hosting.

Does anybody have any experience with either Fasthosts of GoDaddy? I'm looking at using Exchange for the email accounts, but may eventually opt to use iCloud Mail if it pulls through all emails from the Exchange account. GoDaddy seems to have advanced security and backup features but these all come at an additional cost.

Completely new to all of this hosting malarkey so I'm looking to hear of your good/bad opinions on either of these hosting companies!

Thanks in advance!
You might take a look at Tigertech. This is a firm that developed software in the past for Mac, and then turned to webhosting. I had several sites with them for years. Good pricing and their customer service is fantastic (they respond on weekends and holidays).

As long as you maintain web hosting with them for your domain(s) they take care of the domain fees (they are a registrar).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.