Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,

I just released an app to avoid traffic and plan trips called FastTrip https://appsto.re/us/i20n9.i I developed it to help me with my daily commute. It gives me a quick clean glance at estimated travel times.

It is free to try with an in-app purchase to remove ads and enable some features.
Version 1.0 is out now and 1.1 will be out in about 1 week.

Thanks For Your Support

Last edited:

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,

I have released version 1.5 of FastTrip for iOS today. It has all features enabled including viewing start and end locations details: Address, Yahoo Weather and Yelp information. Support for 19 languages is also included. If you would like to remove the iAd banner you can use the In-App purchase feature.

Regards,

Brentwood Software

Last edited:

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Thanks looks interesting! Will give it a try.

Always wanted a app like this!

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Thanks looks interesting! Will give it a try.

Always wanted a app like this!
Thanks for trying it out, let me know what you think I would like to get your feedback.

One nice feature I forgot to mention is that you can schedule reminders for your trips. So
for example you can set a daily reminder during the week for your trip to work. You
can click on the iOS reminder to launch FastTrip and see the fastest route to work. Then
like wise create a trip for your commute home.

Another way to use FastTrip is to make a list of all your favorite places to visit around town.
Then if your car has a navigation system you can quickly look up the address in FastTrip.

FastTrip also has walking directions as well as driving.

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,

I just released an app to avoid traffic and plan trips called FastTrip https://appsto.re/us/i20n9.i I developed it to help me with my daily commute. It gives me a quick clean glance at estimated travel times.

It is free to try with an in-app purchase to remove ads and enable some features.

Thanks For Your Support

Version 1.6 of FastTrip will be out in a week. It has a couple of bug fixes and support for Indonesian and Norwegian.

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Just released version 1.6 of FastTrip for iOS. It has a couple of UI bug fixes and added language support for Indonesian and Norwegian. Enjoy...

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,

I just released FastTrip 1.7 for iPhone / iPad.

IMG_9739.PNG

I made some bug fixes and added Swedish language support.
Check it out in the App Store.

Thanks,
Brentwood Software

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Just release FastTrip Version 1.8. I added reminders for App review and sharing to help increase user engagement. Enjoy...

unclesam01

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2015
How is this app any different/better than Google Maps? I use Google Maps daily for the same purpose and it suits very well, has never let me down.

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Some features FastTrip has above and beyond Google Maps are: Providing a list of your favorite trips/commutes and allowing you to schedule reminders for say your morning and afternoon commutes. Give it a try and see if you like it.

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Also FastTrip provides links to Yelp and Yahoo Weather so you can look up additional info for your trip locations.
Enjoy!

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,
I just release version 1.9 of FastTrip. I improved how Yelp information is displayed for a trip location.
The Yelp App is now launched if installed to display location information. If Yelp is not installed
the mobile web version of Yelp is displayed with the location information.

Please give it a try and enjoy,
Brentwood Software

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
FastTrip Version 2.0 is now available on the iTunes store. Thanks for using our software and please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Brentwood Software

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Thanks for using FastTrip. Version 2.1 is now available on iTunes. I have update the Turn By Turn navigation icon and text.
IMG_0503.PNG

BrentwoodSoftware

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,

Thanks For Your Support
[doublepost=1473887190][/doublepost]Version 2.7 of FastTrip https://appsto.re/us/i20n9.i has been released. This version prompts the user to view a Getting Started page with info about how to use the app. There are also some changes regarding the display of full screen ads.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.