Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axboi87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Dallas, Tx
Ok so I purchased a 23'' display from an ad off craigslist a while back. At the time all I had was my roomate's pc with a DVI port and my iMac G4. It worked fine for a while, then one day the display was black (althought somewhat backlit). I finally got my pbook and tried it on that and it also didn't display anything, and the notebook didn't even recognize it. The other weird thing is that the buttons on the side don't work and I can't turn the display off using it's power button. Is there any way to reset it or did it just go out? How does applecare work, I mean can I take it to the apple store and have them look at it? I doubt that it's under warranty at all, and I don't have the papers.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2006
They will ask for receipt of purchase to see how long you had the product to see if it's Under Apple Care Warrantee. They alway ask for receipt first before even services it. If you purchase it from someone, you can call Apple Care and they can look up the serial to see if it still Under Warrantee.

PuNkErX

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2004
You should be able to find the serial number on the bottom of the monitor stand. If you get that number then go to
http://www.apple.com/support/
and look for the place to put in your serial number it should show the status.

Also, I had a customer that had a problem where their 30" Apple LCD would not turn on at all, so eventually we troubleshot the problem to being the USB and Firewire cables. Whenever they were plugged in, the monitor wouldn't work, but if they were unplugged the LCD would work fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.