Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I love my 3ds and constantly have backlog to go through and just picked up Kirby triple deluxe but what are your go to games for this glorious system that won’t die? Working on NSMB2 Too

I loved super Mario 3D land, got pretty far in Luigi’s mansion, put down Pokémon moon but will pick it up sometime, have animal crossing too and quite a few others

Oh and donkey Kong country returns was excellent. Perfect game to play before tropical freeze (a year earlier)

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. ill be getting back into Metroid: Samus Returns as soon as I get a new charger.

Cheers

Reactions: scottcampbell

RedKite

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2017
I did not get much time to play many games in that era. Animal Crossing and Smash Bros for 3DS were terrific as were Ocarina of Time and Link Between Worlds.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
If I had to pick one, it'd be Zelda Link Between Worlds. If I can pick two, add Samus Returns.

Luigi's Mansion, the one game that pretty much everyone loves, I just couldn't get into for some reason..

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Animal Crossing, a Link between worlds, 3D land, Pokemon Y, the 3D´s library keeps on giving... On august i´ll get the samus returns game

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
I love my 3ds and constantly have backlog to go through and just picked up Kirby triple deluxe but what are your go to games for this glorious system that won’t die? Working on NSMB2 Too

I loved super Mario 3D land, got pretty far in Luigi’s mansion, put down Pokémon moon but will pick it up sometime, have animal crossing too and quite a few others

Oh and donkey Kong country returns was excellent. Perfect game to play before tropical freeze (a year earlier)
I'm having a bit of a 3DS renaissance...I got a *New* N3DS, and wow! the eye tracking really, really improves the 3D experience. I'm back to playing Mario Kart and other 3D games.

I just picked up Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers...it's gotten mixed reviews, but I like it!

I also just got into Dragon Quest 8, man, that is a great game! I think I'll play either Monster Hunters Generations, finally, after that or Xenoblade 3D.

This is on top of all the games others have mentioned (Animal Crossing, Mario, etc.). I am also a big fan of Fantasy Life...

Reactions: thadoggfather

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I'm having a bit of a 3DS renaissance...I got a *New* N3DS, and wow! the eye tracking really, really improves the 3D experience. I'm back to playing Mario Kart and other 3D games.

I just picked up Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers...it's gotten mixed reviews, but I like it!

I also just got into Dragon Quest 8, man, that is a great game! I think I'll play either Monster Hunters Generations, finally, after that or Xenoblade 3D.

This is on top of all the games others have mentioned (Animal Crossing, Mario, etc.). I am also a big fan of Fantasy Life...

Mario kart 7 is fantastic

I play it periodically on top of mk8 on switch. Fun levels and sweet 3d / old school engine

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Mario kart 7 is fantastic

I play it periodically on top of mk8 on switch. Fun levels and sweet 3d / old school engine
MK7 is a great game...MK8 is better, in so many ways, but the 3DS version is fun & great in its own way.

I'm annoyed a little bit at Nintendo...they probably should not have released the 3DS without the eye-tracking. On my old 3DS, it was annoying to play in 3D, since any movement of the screen caused the 3D to go out of focus. I used to just turn the 3D off.

With the eye-tracking of the New N3DS, wow! I crank up the 3D all the way! It really makes games quite fun, if they make use of it.

Of course, with Nintendo pushing the 2DS now, it appears that they have given up on the 3D aspect. I'm trying to work in as many 3DS games now, before they all become collector's items. The library is quite huge! There are a lot of great games to choose from.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
MK7 is a great game...MK8 is better, in so many ways, but the 3DS version is fun & great in its own way.

I'm annoyed a little bit at Nintendo...they probably should not have released the 3DS without the eye-tracking. On my old 3DS, it was annoying to play in 3D, since any movement of the screen caused the 3D to go out of focus. I used to just turn the 3D off.

With the eye-tracking of the New N3DS, wow! I crank up the 3D all the way! It really makes games quite fun, if they make use of it.

Of course, with Nintendo pushing the 2DS now, it appears that they have given up on the 3D aspect. I'm trying to work in as many 3DS games now, before they all become collector's items. The library is quite huge! There are a lot of great games to choose from.

Never experienced that only had a n3dsxl and got it early last year

I agree tho the 3d is an amazing selling point. Apparently in europe it’s hard to find?

Idk but I think it’s definitely an amazing feature. Makes me sad n2dsxl people don’t get to experience. 3d love

Most titles are 3d too it’s boss

Last edited:
Reactions: blesscheese

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Never experienced that only had a n3dsxl and got it early last year

I agree tho the 3d is an amazing selling point. Apparently in europe it’s hard to find?

Idk but I think it’s definitely an amazing feature. Makes me was n2dsxl people don’t get to experience. 3d love

Most titles are 3d too it’s boss
I meant to also recommend Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga! That was one of my fave's on the GBA. It was awesome! I also just got that for the 3DS.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Anyone get in on the massive Target sale?

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/target/

By the time I saw the deal late Sunday morning (west coast) everything was sold out for shipping and in-store pickup. Considered tracking down a few titles 'in-store only', but it was dumping rain and just not worth my time to save a couple of bucks on a few titles. I prefer digital over physical games on the 3DS anyways, so no big whoop to miss out on this.

Staying on topic, I've only got Smash Brothers, Zelda OoT, Mario Kart 7 and Metroid Samus Returns. My favorite so far is Metroid Samus Returns.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
By the time I saw the deal late Sunday morning (west coast) everything was sold out for shipping and in-store pickup. Considered tracking down a few titles 'in-store only', but it was dumping rain and just not worth my time to save a couple of bucks on a few titles. I prefer digital over physical games on the 3DS anyways, so no big whoop to miss out on this.

Staying on topic, I've only got Smash Brothers, Zelda OoT, Mario Kart 7 and Metroid Samus Returns. My favorite so far is Metroid Samus Returns.

Awesome!

Metroid is part of my haul

Got that (PM w GameStop’s at Best Buy ($20.97) , Kirby planet robobot (eBay lower $20), Yoshi wooly world ($12), and Luigi mansion $25

Never played OG luigi’s Mansion either ! So pumped

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.