Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tukibird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
I just picked up an iPad and am finding that most of the free apps that I use are not native to the iPad yet. For instance, the weather channel is only available in a pay version on the iPad. (Weather bug seems to be pretty nice as a replacement).

It would be nice if the iTunes store had a "native iPad" section, and then a free sub section ;).

What are some cool, free, native iPad apps that I should be looking at?

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
Skygrid
DuoBrowser
Baby Scratch
PhotoPad
iBannerHD
Adobe Ideas
Voice Memos
Sundry Notes
Transit Maps
Clinometer
Yahoo Entertainment
PhotoBucket

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
You can sort app like that at AppShopper.com. I found a ton of free apps - and sale apps too.

My favorites - SportsTap, Pandora, Now Playing, Urban Spoon, Epicurious, IMDB, and a bunch of news apps like USA Today, BBC News, NYT and Reuters.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
You can sort app like that at AppShopper.com. I found a ton of free apps - and sale apps too.

My favorites - SportsTap, Pandora, Now Playing, Urban Spoon, Epicurious, IMDB, and a bunch of news apps like USA Today, BBC News, NYT and Reuters.

Link

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
There was a good "Best free apps" thread but I can't immediately find it so I'm gonna bite my tongue. :)

Weather Channel doesn't have a free version? Are you sure? I have it on my iPad and I certainly didn't pay for it.

I like Accuweather free better (but most disagree with me so take it with a grain of salt). It's basic but I like the streamlining.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
There was a good "Best free apps" thread but I can't immediately find it so I'm gonna bite my tongue. :)

Weather Channel doesn't have a free version? Are you sure? I have it on my iPad and I certainly didn't pay for it.

I like Accuweather free better (but most disagree with me so take it with a grain of salt). It's basic but I like the streamlining.

I have it too (no iPad though) and it was a free app when I got it. I believe it became a paid app recently, and then dropped to free again today (I think?).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.