Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SinisterMatti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2023
Earlier today I attempted to share a voicemail message I received to a friend on Facebook Messenger on my iPhone 15 Pro. As soon as I did, all the profile pictures on my conversations and in my friends stories disappeared and were replaced with a gray circle. This change affected pictures I had received and viewed earlier in the day as well. I unsent the voicemail, deleted it from my phone completely, toggled airplane mode, soft reset, hard reset, reinstalled messenger, uninstalled messenger again followed by a hard reboot and reinstall, updated IOS to the latest version, verified messenger is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled both messenger and the Facebook app at the same time, and finally wiped my phone and restored it from a backup. Despite all that, the issue is still occurring. When I tap a picture I've received in facebook messenger i get an error that "This media is no longer available". This occurs both on cellular data and wifi. After uninstalling messenger and reinstalling it, everything will work until I close facebook messenger and re-open it. Sometimes when I do this, some people's profile pictures on conversations will randomly work while the others don't. This issue is not affecting the normal Facebook app, Whatsapp, instagram, or IOS messenger. Please help!

Reactions: emanonos

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I think maybe it was a server side issue? Do you still have this issues? My Messenger is working fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.