Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Sorry for all the questions, I have a school project due in a week and i haven't used FC in god knows how long. I forgot, how do i make the audio and video separate, to cut out the audio so you see video but then put it back so its "linked" together.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
puckhead193 said:
Sorry for all the questions, I have a school project due in a week and i haven't used FC in god knows how long. I forgot, how do i make the audio and video separate, to cut out the audio so you see video but then put it back so its "linked" together.
Shift+L links/unlinks

Lethal

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
I kind of get what you're saying, but not really. Try being a little more specific. You can also lock the tracks you don't want to delete or simply use the Pen Tool and turn on CLip Overlays (the little mountain peak looking button at the bottom left of the timeline) to keyframe your audio to dip it down then up so you don't have to "cut" anything.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
puckhead193 said:
i tried that but the audio/video is still independent :confused:
Try selecting the a/v clips in the timeline that you want and hit command+L. Command+L locks/unlocks the sync of a selected a/v clip.

Lethal

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
thanks i figured it out, but now i'm having trouble exporting back to a mini DV tape (using my mini DV camera). Its plugged in, turned it to the VCR mode went to "print to video" cause i need a countdown. and it doesn't work......
I tried setting the camera to normal record mode and it picked up the audio but not video....

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
puckhead193 said:
thanks i figured it out, but now i'm having trouble exporting back to a mini DV tape (using my mini DV camera). Its plugged in, turned it to the VCR mode went to "print to video" cause i need a countdown. and it doesn't work......
I tried setting the camera to normal record mode and it picked up the audio but not video....
Go to View > Refresh A/V Devices
Then go to View > External Video and make sure it's on Apple Firewire NTSC and External Audio on Firewire DV or Audio Follows Video.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I would also skip the "print to video" function and just record the timeline playing back. Just make a countdown sense you need one.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.