Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
Can Soundtrack Pro open a Final Cut Express project? I need to fix a lot of my audio with ST Pro's noise reduction.

Or do I have to export individual clips and then import into STPro? If so, how in the world do I export an indiviual clip from FCE?

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
sigamy said:
Can Soundtrack Pro open a Final Cut Express project? I need to fix a lot of my audio with ST Pro's noise reduction.

Or do I have to export individual clips and then import into STPro? If so, how in the world do I export an indiviual clip from FCE?

I think you will have to export the audio from FCE then open it with STP. What you can do (this may not be the best nor easiest idea but I know of no other way) is unlink your audio from your video and delete the video from the timeline (you may wish to open a seperate project or another sequence before doing this). Then export the audio using the same method as you would use exporting a movie. Then you should be able to open this file with STP. Do, what you need to do there and then reimport the sound file into FCE. Drop your video track back onto the timeline, get rid of the audio and line up your edited audio with the video.

I know with FCP, you can export audio as an AIFF but I don't know if FCE has this feature that is why I gave you the long way around. If FCE does have this option then there you go. Save yourself some unnecessary steps.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.