Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you buy an 11" or 12.9" iPad Pro to edit with "FCP for iPad"?

• 11" is adequate enough with no usability issues and greater portability.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12.9" is recommended for extra screen real estate and a hassle-free experience.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

HMI

Contributor
Original poster
May 23, 2012
I'm thinking of getting a new iPad Pro soon, and want to try the new "FCP for iPad."

Would the 11" be adequate for screen real estate and usability, or will I need to upgrade to the 12.9" to be hassle-free?

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks!

And just for the fun of it: (Why not use a Poll?)

Reactions: Longplays

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
I don't have either but I would imagine the more screen real estate the better. The 12.9" also has a reference colour mode too IIRC.

Are you going to pair them with a Magic Keyboard out of curiosity?

Algr

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2022
Earth (mostly)
I can't see the point of trying to edit video on an iPad. How are you even going to get the footage into it? You need klutzy workarounds and dongles just to copy files from SD cards, and then you max out at 8 gb ram and trivial amounts of storage. I use a 2TB SSD, and still struggle with running out of space.

Reactions: Basic75

Basic75

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2011
Europe
To use FCP regularly I'd definitely get a Mac. If I had to use it on an iPad, the more screen the better.

coolguy4747

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
You can't use FU

You can't use FCP occasionally. You'd constantly get stuck on finding where they keep moving features and buttons, and you'd never get things done.
Yeah, that's exactly how I use it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.