Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hello!

I'm noticing that when I sync a couple of video (bad audio) clips with an audio (good audio) clip that FCP uses the bad audio when creating the synced clip. What do I need to do to make sure that FCP is using the good audio instead of the bad (video) audio?

Thanks in advance!

~Andrew

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hello!

I'm noticing that when I sync a couple of video (bad audio) clips with an audio (good audio) clip that FCP uses the bad audio when creating the synced clip. What do I need to do to make sure that FCP is using the good audio instead of the bad (video) audio?

Thanks in advance!

~Andrew

With multiple clips loaded (multicam), go to the Angles viewer (shift-command-7)... from there you should be able to select the audio source for the clip/video.

R S K

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Hannover, Germany
The question is, what do you mean by "when I sync some video clips"? Because if you're not doing it over a multicam clip, which it sounds like you're not, then you're already doing it wrong.

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
The question is, what do you mean by "when I sync some video clips"? Because if you're not doing it over a multicam clip, which it sounds like you're not, then you're already doing it wrong
Here's what I'm doing: I'm using the "Clip:>"Synchronize Clips" function to sync two videos (that follow each other chronologically) to a file from an external audio source.

Last edited:

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
With multiple clips loaded (multicam), go to the Angles viewer (shift-command-7)... from there you should be able to select the audio source for the clip/video.

Here's what I'm doing: I'm using the "Clip:>"Synchronize Clips" function to sync two videos (that follow each other chronologically) to a file from an external audio source. Should I create a multicam clip even though I'm not actually using two video files that are synchronous?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Here's what I'm doing: I'm using the "Clip:>"Synchronize Clips" function to sync two videos (that follow each other chronologically) to a file from an external audio source. Should I create a multicam clip even though I'm not actually using two video files that are synchronous?

You have 3 files... two video clips - one that follows the other chronologically... and an audio file that you want to use for the audio source of the entire video, correct?

If YES, then import all three files into FCP and create a multi-cam clip... that will sync the two video clips in sequence along with the audio file... (this process uses the audio from all of the files to build a multi-cam clip of everything in sequence).

Once that's done, using the ANGLES viewer (shift-command-7) select the audio file as the audio source, and the first video (chronologically) as the video source... where the video clips transition, then select the other video clip as the video source, and Bob's your uncle.

Reactions: JW5566

R S K

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Hannover, Germany
I'm using the "Clip:>"Synchronize Clips" function to sync two videos

Then, as I wrote, you're doing it wrong. "Synchronize Clips" is not for two clips and one audio, it's for one clip and one audio. Anything beyond one video is a multicam, as I would have assumed the name reveals. Synchronizing the way you're doing it makes no practical sense, as it would seem you are coming to realize.

Reactions: JW5566
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.