Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I'm on Monterey on an M1 MBA and Apple Studio Display. I just noticed something strange with FCP. The top of the window, when I "pin" it to the top of my screen to touch the menubar, the window appears wavy, like its a series of bumps, like a small mountain range, lol.

I believe it may have something to do with my background image but I can't see why this would happen.

I've pushed other apps up and they don't seem to do this. I've attached a SS, I hope it is clear.

Any settings I can try to fix this?

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 7.43.36 PM.png

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I would start by testing with a plain background image if you suspect it might be a problem. Also does it behave that way if not connected Studio Display, just on your MBA screen?

lin2log

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
It's merely the desktop image peeking through by a pixel or two. Who cares?
Then go full-screen. "Problem" solved. 🙄

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
It's an optical illusion caused by whatever is peeking through from your desktop picture. The Pro Apps window UI is different than the rest of the OS. The windows have a "hard edge" without the 1px highlight around the outside of other windows in dark mode. That little white line probably does a lot toward helping you brain keep things straight and probably why you don't notice it while using other apps.

Reactions: sigamy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.