Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like/use this feature? (Time Travel Scroll Interval Options)

• Total voters

barack_jones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
Time Travel needs a way to change scroll intervals. Scrolling 1 minute at a time is so slow it is impractical for looking at the day ahead. Should be able to choose to scroll in 1 mins, 5, 15, 30, 1hr... intervals based upon your preference

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Probably not going to happen since Apple has already deprecated the feature since not may use it.

barack_jones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
Probably not going to happen since Apple has already deprecated the feature since not may use it.

eh too bad. if it wasn't so slow it would be nice way to quickly check future weather and calendar without leaving watch face (using complications on modular face, for example). maybe a fix would make it useful enough to gain traction. hope they fix, not kill

barack_jones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it takes me 5-7 "fast spins" with my thumb to jump four hours. And since I am have to fast spin, there is no consistency/control on when I jump to. Instead of fast spinning wildly to jump hours ahead (and doing it 10-14 times to jump 8 hours, which is ridiculously impractical), i'd prefer smaller controlled movements to precisely scroll ahead. also, as a result of the larger increments, a single fast spin or two would allow you to jump 4 or 8 hours ahead to see the rest off the day.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
In about three spins of the crown I can jump to about 13 hours ahead, and then it's fairly easy to fine-tune to where I specifically wanted to be. I think adding different increments would make an already relatively obscure feature even harder for the novice user to understand. I use Time Travel a lot to see in which location my various lectures, meetings, and tutorials are (along with what the weather will be like!), and have never had any problem with it taking too long to scroll through.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Maybe use more of your thumb? It takes me six "thumb-strokes" to go beyond 24 hours, which is the farthest Apple's Weather complication loads forecasts.
[doublepost=1485793755][/doublepost]I'm wondering about this specific part:
... see the rest off the day.
Which information do you want to see?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.