Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azpc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Requests:

Font Size options
Color options
Choose your Maximize setting
Ability to set the default window setting for specific apps

The Mac market is growing and therefore the needs are also growing. I know several iMac users who are over 50 years old. They are really having problems with the standard small fonts.

Apple should create a personalization section in System Preferences where the font sizes for interface elements can be changed to meet the needs of various Mac owners.

For example:

- Menu bar font size
- App Store Font Size

Colors can increase productivity therefore, I’d like to set the colors that are best for me.

Change colors of the Dock and Sidebars if transparency is turned off. Currently the Dock and Finder Sidebar are an UGLY gray.

Option to set the default function of the Green Zoom Maximize button: (See picture)

– Max for content (traditional function)
– Full window with Dock & Menu visible
– Full screen without Dock and menu visible

Choose your Maximize.jpg

Ability to set whether an App opens Windowed, Full Screen or Full Window.

I get tired of having to adjust the app to the right size and position each and every time I open it. Third party add-ons help, however, they often have compatibility issues. Greater control over program defaults should be built into the operating system.

Last edited:

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Last edited:

Woch

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2015
Agreed. However Finder and Mail sidebar font size can already be changed in System Preferences > General.

azpc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
About the font size, have you tried TinkerTool to change the size of the fonts? Also, you can change the size of the sidebar fonts in System Preferences > General. Finder and Mail will both respect that setting.

I just saw that you have created similar threads. It’s not helping.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/yosemite-change-requests.1802843/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/features-i-wish-were-in-10-11.1894040/

The duplicate posting was accidental (I could not find the original posting). Thank you for reporting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.