Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryHoodlum

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
My plan is to go to work at 8:30, leave the signed doc on my door, wait for the shipping alert on my phone, and then drive back home really quick to get it out of plain sight (I live in a condo complex).

UPS wouldn't take my pre-signed form for the smart cover and it took 3 attempts to get me.

NC03M3

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2007
Charlotte, NC
UPS can suck it with their policy of driver discretion. Either that or Apple needs to reevaluate whether it makes sense for requiring a signature for a bloody USB cable... Really? It isn't even worth me driving to the UPS hub to pick up a 20 dollar cable and UPS wants to charge me $5 to change the delivery address. Are you kidding me?? Okay, rant over, but it ridiculous. I live in a highly secure building... the driver knows there are no hoodlums here.

bsmith4832

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
North East, USA
I've always had good luck with FedEx and the pre-sign delivery forms. Had to do it once with UPS (iPhone 5) but I ended up taking the day off to wait for it :D

HarryHoodlum

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, it looks like it might actually work. Sweet. I wonder what time the guy comes here for overnights...I just moved here 2 months ago.

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Someone on here suggested to me to use the option of FEDEX leaving it at the shipping facility and you picking it up at your leisure.
I was going to do that...but decided that ill just sit at home and stare at my front door.

loves2travel

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
Someone on here suggested to me to use the option of FEDEX leaving it at the shipping facility and you picking it up at your leisure.

Did this before and was told via online and on the phone that you would be able to pick up the next business day after the scheduled date that it was suppose to be delivered. Called back and ended up telling them to change the delivery back to my address and had someone here to receive it.

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Did this before and was told via online and on the phone that you would be able to pick up the next business day after the scheduled date that it was suppose to be delivered. Called back and ended up telling them to change the delivery back to my address and had someone here to receive it.

I wouldnt want to wait for the day after delivery anyway. I need it yesterday.
Sounds very frustrating though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.