Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeiter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Canada
hey, anyone got their order before the estimated date on fedex site tracking service??? it would be soooooo nice! 2 more days to wait at the latest!

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Yes, I had a macbook sent from CA, to NY 3 day and it arrived in 2 days, it showed in transit than sort than out for delivery , I know in my area the Fedex trucks leave around 8:00 - 9:00 but if it shows out for delivery and signature required and no one is there, they more than likely will NOT leave the package.

My package was sent by private individual, not a company

HTH

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Yes, I had a macbook sent from CA, to NY 3 day and it arrived in 2 days, it showed in transit than sort than out for delivery , I know in my area the Fedex trucks leave around 8:00 - 9:00 but if it shows out for delivery and signature required and no one is there, they more than likely will NOT leave the package.

My package was sent by private individual, not a company

HTH

My area trucks leaves at 7:30. I got my BTO I ordered my iMac BTO on a saturday, i was due the monday after, it came on friday, so i had it for the next weekend, it rocked, now i want a CTO macbook. should come even faster:D.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Fedex rocks! I've received stuff ahead of promised dates; most recently a MacBook last Saturday that was initially scheduled for delivery tomorrow. And they do a good job of updating shipping status with changes. It seems that Fedex, unlike UP*, moves things along if there's space in their trucks/planes rather than let things sit in their holding areas just because they're ahead of promised delivery dates.:)

Prost264

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
I got mine a day early, at 8:30 in the morning! :D

Their tracking is terrible, but their shipping is quite good.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Well the email you get from Apple shows an "delivers by" date, but FedEx tracking usually shows the actual delivery date. I have had 1 thing delivered a day early once, but usually that FedEx delivery date is accurate.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I got mine a day early, at 8:30 in the morning! :D

Their tracking is terrible, but their shipping is quite good.

I'll second that! Last week when I got my macbook I actually called Apple concerned that my macbook was lost. Reason being was that apple showed it shipped from Sacramento, CA on it's way to Erie, PA. Problem was that fed ex said next update due Mar 1st. Well 5 days went by and still no tracking update. Finally it arrived and never did get updated from their tracking system! Pretty pathetic considering it traveled all the way across the US and no update other than it left Sacramento.

I emailed fed ex asking them what was the point of a tracking number if their website doesn't update their tracking. I got a real nice canned email back to me, informing me that they provided tracking at their web site! Like DUH! That's why I wrote them.

Well at least it got here ok!--))) :rolleyes:

Prost264

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
Well, assuming you chose the free shipping as I did, it will not update while in transit from Sacramento to PA (I'm in PA also) because its just sitting on a truck, not going through any kind of Fedex center on being loaded onto another truck, so it never gets scanned.

My package did update the night before it arrived, saying it was in Maryland, the next morning I woke up to the Fedex guy knocking on my door, I got the Macbook set up and checked the tracking and all was in order. I honestly don't think the tracking is that bad, its just if there's nothing to update then you wont see anything.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Well, assuming you chose the free shipping as I did, it will not update while in transit from Sacramento to PA (I'm in PA also) because its just sitting on a truck, not going through any kind of Fedex center on being loaded onto another truck, so it never gets scanned.

My package did update the night before it arrived, saying it was in Maryland, the next morning I woke up to the Fedex guy knocking on my door, I got the Macbook set up and checked the tracking and all was in order. I honestly don't think the tracking is that bad, its just if there's nothing to update then you wont see anything.

That's what I had thought. However when I spoke to the delivery guy even he thought that that was weird. He stated that it should of be scanned when it arrived at their Cleveland, OH distribution center.

Not a biggie now, but when it was occurring I was getting a bit concerned. Im just glad it got here OK.

Where in PA are you located?

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I've received shipments earlier than estimated before. It is nice except for when you have to sign for the package. I know UPS calls me the morning of if I need to sign for a package, but sure about FedEx.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC

ALL packages get scanned regardless of shipment speed. It's how they keep track of packages for themselves.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I've received shipments earlier than estimated before. It is nice except for when you have to sign for the package. I know UPS calls me the morning of if I need to sign for a package, but sure about FedEx.

Apple offers a pre release form to be assigned for shipment release. Use it at your own risk. It's either that, or be home or have someone available to sign for it.

Another choice is to have it shipped to your workplace if your employer allows this. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.