Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdham

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2003
Madison
So I just put my website online (only the second one I have done). It is for an organization that i do promotions for. Any feedback would be great. The site is FAR from complete, as I add content it will not only become more informative but more appealing to the eye. Thanks for your help in advance.

Site Link

Paul

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I would strongly suggest replacing your navigational image and image maps with text links for accessibility reasons.

Same thing goes for the calendar graphic. Ideally, it should be a table.

What kinds of resources do you have on your campus for web accessibility info?

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Your blank pages should at least say something like "Coming Soon" to let visitors know that thay are intentionally blank.

pdham

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2003
Madison
Thank you for all of your responses.

I will be making the calendar into a table very soon. And thank you for the reminder of text links. Alt text tags and text links completely slipped my mind. I was very conscious to use them for my last site as they were pounded into our heads in my Strat Comm class. I will have to fix that. Thank you all vey much

Paul

brianellisrules

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2003
Have you looked into using CSS? It seems like it'd save you a lot of <tr> and <td> tags on things like the event page...

Or not. I'm very new at this and just trying to pass on what little I've learned in the past week or two. haha

pdham

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2003
Madison
Originally posted by ber.com
Have you looked into using CSS? It seems like it'd save you a lot of <tr> and <td> tags on things like the event page...

Or not. I'm very new at this and just trying to pass on what little I've learned in the past week or two. haha

You are absolutely correct, and I am using css. Thanks for the input

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.