Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I've written up a few Feedback submissions from the betas over the past few weeks and not a single one has received a response, not even closed as duplicate. One in particular is an easily reproducible bug where some specific images in the Files app don't display thumbnails. The bug is still in iOS 13.1 release. :(

Is this typical? Am I doing something wrong? I'm starting to question submitting Feedbacks if nobody is going to look at them, so I want to know if others are experiencing this.

Moriend87

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2019
What do you want? Tim Cook to fly to your house and say thanks man for submitting some bugs? Lol get over it. You’ll know they seen it when they are fixed.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Most of mine appear ignored, some are consolidated with others and say "more than 10" (albeit still not fixed in 13.1) and one was closed with "working as currently designed" which proves they didn't read it properly.

Considering we've all been reporting Mail and Mail Notification issues since the first 13.0 beta and they're still not totally fixed, it does seem that Apple do their own thing and provide the Feedback app just to make us feel useful. I only log them so that when the bug still exists and is reported all over the web when the iOS version goes live, I can smugly sit back and say "I reported that. Apple ignored me. Hah, served them right".

Not that it stops me being a beta tester. I'm eagerly awaiting 13.2 so I can log more Feedback bugs.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
What do you want? Tim Cook to fly to your house and say thanks man for submitting some bugs? Lol get over it. You’ll know they seen it when they are fixed.
So much hostility; I was just curious what others' experiences were.
[automerge]1569427961[/automerge]
Most of mine appear ignored, some are consolidated with others and say "more than 10" (albeit still not fixed in 13.1) and one was closed with "working as currently designed" which proves they didn't read it properly.

Considering we've all been reporting Mail and Mail Notification issues since the first 13.0 beta and they're still not totally fixed, it does seem that Apple do their own thing and provide the Feedback app just to make us feel useful. I only log them so that when the bug still exists and is reported all over the web when the iOS version goes live, I can smugly sit back and say "I reported that. Apple ignored me. Hah, served them right".

Not that it stops me being a beta tester. I'm eagerly awaiting 13.2 so I can log more Feedback bugs.

At least this makes me feel better than this is a general thing and not just me. Granted the bugs I've reported aren't major and serious, but I hope they get fixed soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.