Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
I have lossless streaming enabled, but I almost never see the Lossless thingy above the Play/Pause button since updating to iOS 15.3(.1). Before it was shown with almost every song I played and searched, now it’s a rarity.
Is this just a bug or is a lot of content not available in lossless anymore? I’m really curious about this.
And I’m not talking about downloaded songs, only streams.

Edit: it seems to be a server issue, it just takes 3 minutes to load a 3 minute song in Lossless… nothing more to it. You’re dismissed from wasting more time in this thread.

Last edited:

Crunchynut

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2022
Derby, England
I have lossless streaming enabled, but I almost never see the Lossless thingy above the Play/Pause button since updating to iOS 15.3(.1). Before it was shown with almost every song I played and searched, now it’s a rarity.
Is this just a bug or is a lot of content not available in lossless anymore? I’m really curious about this.
And I’m not talking about downloaded songs, only streams.
Depends on the genre you listen to, but I’m quite eclectic and I’d say 95% is available lossless. Which region are you in, because I have found differences between what is available in different regions.

Reactions: Reggaenald

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Can you give a song as an example?
Missing Home by Tilka and Always Never was a Lossless track, but it seems to not be anymore, for example.

Edit:
Also, who provides the lyrics for AM? This is a joke
IMG_1332.png

Last edited:

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Depends on the genre you listen to, but I’m quite eclectic and I’d say 95% is available lossless. Which region are you in, because I have found differences between what is available in different regions.
Germany, but it’s only been like this for some weeks/a month or two. I mean, there are often problems with AM content in Germany for some reason, probably licensing. Some songs I believe will never be available again. Funny, it’s not like it’s a small and neglectable market or something.

Last edited:

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Missing Home by Tilka and Always Never was a Lossless track, but it seems to not be anymore, for example.

Edit:
View attachment 1958443
Wait, now it shows as Lossless, it didn’t before.
Maybe it first loads the AAC version to then “update” to Lossless? I’ve seen the Lossless thing be shown when a song is loading just to be gone when it starts, which is strange because it worked before and my network shouldnt be the problem.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 19.42.13.png

I’m getting this mid-song a lot, too. Maybe it’s a server issue?
For a paid service it makes me think a little to much about why it’s not working.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
3250FE26-4D82-414A-BB3F-33A6241EEAC3.png
988A769A-C618-496A-86E1-1C7E1AE6449D.png
Low and behold, wait for the duration of the song and it may eventually turn to Lossless.
Well, that’s pretty useless, just like this thread now.
Thank you guys for trying to help me anyway, I appreciate you ??

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016

Edit:
View attachment 1958443
It's lossless for me. Also I do understand why you would need lyrics with this song, given how gibberish this person is singing. Does he have problems opening his mouth or using his lips properly? ?

• Haha
Reactions: Reggaenald

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
It's lossless for me. Also I do understand why you would need lyrics with this song, given how gibberish this person is singing. Does he have problems opening his mouth or using his lips properly? ?
? apparently it’s trendy to talk like that. I never really listened to the lyrics I just like the songs “vibe”, listened to it during our trip to NYC.
Anyway, I just (don’t) like that there are question marks where someone wasn’t sure what he’s singing, like, really, who does Apple source their lyrics from? That’s pretty meh.
Also, I figured it might be a server issue. It does eventually load Lossless, but it takes some time like 3 minutes (for standart Lossless) which I don’t mind, but take that time before playing the song, not during, that’s confusing, at least for me ?

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
How did this thread get pinned on the front page of all things. Now I feel bad for wasting peoples time. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.