Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I have not purchased Fieldrunners yet but I have purchased the tower defense game, Mote-M. Mote-M is one of my favorite iPhone apps.

Fieldrunners cost five times as much as Mote-M and is in the top 100 list. Now that begs the question, what makes Fieldrunners more than five times better than Mote-M?

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Mote-M is more of an abstract variation of the tower defense genre and to me is somewhat difficult to grasp as a result, still it is a solid implementation and it used to garner a lot of my time on the iPhone.

Fieldrunners has much better graphics that are more representative of the different towers/enemies so you can see that for example missile towers are best against flying enemies and gatling towers are best against infantry. Plus the map is bigger and there are more maps promised by the Dev.

Joe Hill

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2008
I bought Fieldrunners, and I can say it was definitely worth it! It's the best game I've tried on the iPhone/iPod touch so far.

awesomator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Field runners is much much better. I honestly cant finds many stratagies in mote m. More fire more arrow more water all leave me with the same results. Field runners they are real noticable differance with more of each

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.