Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
This is not a huge issue, but I'm somewhat curious if anyone knows why this happens.

I have a FiiO High Def music player that has two Micro SD cards installed. They are both formatted as MS-DOM (Fat 32). When I plug the player into my computer, I see two drives, one for each card. TF1 and TF2. But here's the rub...They don't always show up under Devices in finder as separate devices. They will always show up when I highlight "My Name's" iMac in finder, but they don't always show up in the Devices list as devices. Sometimes they do, but only about half the time. Sometimes only one or the other will show up in the Device list. They will always be seen, like I said, if I highlight the "My Name's" iMac icon, where I will see these two plus a couple other drives I have installed, plus I see the Network icon. But it's hit or miss whether they show up as devices in the Devices List in Finder. It's not consistent. Any idea why this might be happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.