Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiutin

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Can the file app clear the recent file view? I can’t find a way to clear it or disable the recent funtion

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Can the file app clear the recent file view? I can’t find a way to clear it or disable the recent funtion

Put it in list view (scroll up to see the control) and you swipe to delete or, in icon view, just long press (being careful not to 3d touch)

Edit: Actually, don't do that because it does delete it, not just remove it from recent! :eek:

hiutin

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Put it in list view (scroll up to see the control) and you swipe to delete or, in icon view, just long press (being careful not to 3d touch)

Edit: Actually, don't do that because it does delete it, not just remove it from recent! :eek:

This is suck

Dean Garrad

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2020
Hi all there is a way around this.

i created a shortcut to copy a picture in a folder 25 times all you do when you want to clear your recently viewed is click On it then all it will show is that one picture..

obviously just delete all the copied pictures every now and then. It seems like the best and easiest way to hide what you have recently been working on on viewed.

message me if you struggle to create this shortcut I attached picture.

Attachments

• F9BF5FB9-265D-4BD5-91D1-1A6638EA74A1.png
    F9BF5FB9-265D-4BD5-91D1-1A6638EA74A1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,037
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.