Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Hi guys,

One more silly question that might benefit a number of people who are thinking similar things to me. Hopefully you don't mind.

When I had my old iOS 6 jailbreak, I used openSSH and I had iexplorer on my computer to view the file structure of my iphone when I plugged it in via usb cable.

I jailbroke iOS 7 (I gave in) and re-installed openSSH. If I plug in my iphone to my computer, it still looks like a mass storage device. But if I use iFile on my iphone, it looks like I want to see with all the files in the directories.

Sorry for the dumb question - thank you!

Last edited:

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
No, but I shall try that. Could I ask what acf2add is? =)

It's uh, what makes the apps like iexplorer and such work for the time being, lol. Sorry, been packing to move and had to work today so I'm exhausted. Anyways, I've seen it recommended a number of times the last few days for problems similar to yours. It's worth a shot.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Sweet thanks for the explanation. My guess is with the old jailbreaks, "acf2add" was installed with the jailbreak, cause I never had to download that before. But on the evasion7 release, maybe it wasn't.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Sweet thanks for the explanation. My guess is with the old jailbreaks, "acf2add" was installed with the jailbreak, cause I never had to download that before. But on the evasion7 release, maybe it wasn't.

Yea it was created for the blackra1n jailbreak back in the day. But ever since then it was packaged with the various jailbreaks over the years so you could access the raw file system over USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.