Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Has anyone noticed any Files app improvements? It badly needs a progress bar as well as improved reliability for file transfers.
I’m not currently on iPadOS 14 so looking for any input.

Stackin

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2019
UK
If you rely on the Files App, take a look at FileBrowser for Business. I have it and it’s much better than the built in Files app. There are also other variants that cost less.

Reactions: Marlon DLTH :)

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
If you rely on the Files App, take a look at FileBrowser for Business. I have it and it’s much better than the built in Files app. There are also other variants that cost less.
I agree! I'm using the non-business FileBrowser app and it's so much easier to use than the iPadOS Files app. The landscape and tabbed layout is super.

Reactions: Stackin

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Yup, I have FileBrowser as well. Just wondered how f there was any improvement on the Files app.

Stackin

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2019
UK
FileBrowser for Business is stable, I found Files caused plenty of crashes. It allows the creation of sync and backup jobs. You can create photo slideshows. There is a private area for storing sensitive files on iPad storage that can be password protected. It allows Tabbed browsing.

It depends on your requirements really.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Can you add the downloads folder for example as a favourite within FileBrowser? The only way I have found to access the downloads folder is to select usb drive then browse from that selection window to the downloads folder.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Before I pay the $17.99 for FileBrowser for Business, what do you find the most useful parts of it? Right now the Files app is still a disaster. I was expecting iPadOS 14 would improve it but it seems I’m totally wrong.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Before I pay the $17.99 for FileBrowser for Business, what do you find the most useful parts of it? Right now the Files app is still a disaster. I was expecting iPadOS 14 would improve it but it seems I’m totally wrong.
Just a thought that if you don't need all of the features of FB for Business, maybe the simpler and cheaper FileBrowser version will work for you. I find FileBrowser to be more than adequate. You can compare the features on Stratopherix's site:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.