Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subtraho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2018
I’m having a strange issue viewing the files on my camera’s SD cards with the iPadOS files app. When there are a smaller number of photos in the folder, I can see the files and copy them. However, when there are a large number of files (say, 3000 or more - but I haven’t found the exact cutoff), the files app tells me that there are no files in the folder. I can import all of these same photos into the photos app without issue, but I’d prefer to copy them to an external drive. Is there a hard limit on the number of files that the files app can display in a single folder? If so, is there any indication that this will change with the final release of iOS 13?

I brought the iPad Pro (2018) on vacation with me as my only computer after experimentally finding that I could indeed copy files from the SD card to an external drive, but much to my consternation have found that after a long day photographing birds I can’t actually back up the files as there appear to be too many in the folder for the files app to see.

Reactions: 1193001

subtraho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2018
So no one else has run into this? I have since checked the same cards on my iPad Mini (also running iPadOS Beta) and had the same result - "0 files" listed in the Files app even though Photos will happily find and import them.

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2019
I've had this issue tried to save photos to files to ssd if I saves 200ish photos it works if I try to save 2000 photos it will say 0kb but if you click on recent it shows photos existing but in corrupt 0kb per photo

b83

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2018
Yes!!!! I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve had to go back to using my FileHub Plus! Which handbrakes me to usb 2 speeds.. so yeah 64gb cards take for ever.

It’s ridiculous that such a bug can exist when Android has had this feature for years and years.

im travelling and I’m just glad I have the FileHub Plus as a backup

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2019
Would like to update you guys on Apple’s progress. I am on 13.2 beta 3 and it works now. I can import videos past 4.29gb and my ssd can now see videos above 4.29gb in files app

nrechtman

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2008
I want to know who the idiot programmer is at Apple who made moving program icons around in ios13 an impossible task, when you’re trying to move an icon over several pages it wants to jump into any folder it sees nearby,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.