Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
:confused: Hello
One quick and stupid question If I may...:confused:

What´s the equivalent for Flash for Mac´s?

I just turned into the Bright Side (aka Apple) and I have some files on my PC that I want to transfer to my iBook…

There are some Flash files that my Mac would not read… the same for some picture that are jpg and I can only open them with the reader, and Iphoto doesn’t allow me to add them to my library…

By the way does any of you recommend me to download the Windows Media Player for Mac? Because my Quicktime doesn’t read all my videos….

Sorry there were more than ONE questions… hehe:p :p

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The equivilant of Flash is Flash. I think that some Flash "files" are really Windows executables with built in Flash players. These may well not work.

The jpg files that are not being added to iPhoto are not being seen as jpg files by the OS for some reason. Try renaming them to have a .jpeg extension.

You can download WMP from Microsoft but VLC is probably better...

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
robbieduncan said:
The equivilant of Flash is Flash. I think that some Flash "files" are really Windows executables with built in Flash players. These may well not work.

The jpg files that are not being added to iPhoto are not being seen as jpg files by the OS for some reason. Try renaming them to have a .jpeg extension.

You can download WMP from Microsoft but VLC is probably better...

Thanks, I'll try what you suggested on the photos...:p ;)

where can I get Flash for my Mac? or that's it come with it already? how can I know..?

What's VLC and where do I find it? :confused:

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
mbopy22 said:
where can I get Flash for my Mac? or that's it come with it already? how can I know..?

What's VLC and where do I find it? :confused:

well the flash plugin is already installed by default i believe however the standalone player is part of flash bundle (actual tools to create flash docs). But flash files that play by themselves have to be export for certain types of os.

vlc is of course at http://www.videolan.org/

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Benjamin said:
well the flash plugin is already installed by default i believe however the standalone player is part of flash bundle (actual tools to create flash docs). But flash files that play by themselves have to be export for certain types of os.

vlc is of course at http://www.videolan.org/

THANKS!! this answer my questions... hehe... I'll downloaded:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.