Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okes547

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Hi, sorry if this this posted in the wrong place, but this is happening on my mac mini (MAC OS X 10.7.5) so I thought I would post it here.

Whenever I trash a video or a picture or a song etc, and empty the trash, the file still seems to be present in finder. I cannot open it though.

For example, I would have a video I sent to myself from my iphone via email for a school project. Once done with the video, I would trash it and empty the trash along with pictures, more videos or some mp4s etc. WHen I open finder the videos and other things still show but are unopenable.

I tried to look for some solutions online but it didn't seem others were having this problem?

It's super weird and annoying considering I put them in the trash because I didn't want them lol.

Any help would be amazing!

indigobleu

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
I'm new on here so just jumping in, but when this issue used to happen to me it was because the files you are deleting are still being seen as being used by the program they were created in. You said you can still see it in the finder but have you tried opening finder by holding the Command, Option and ESC keys at the same time, a box will pop up, click on each of the items and do a "force quit".

I used to be a graphic artist so had lots of files and things that would pile up on my mac, a program that helped me a great deal was CleanMyMac. I run that about once a month and it gets rid of junk, also empties the trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.