Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I have one of those disposable underwater cameras that i bought about 3 years ago. I bought when i went to the great barrier reef, and i never finished all the pictures on it. So it has been sitting around, i looked at the expiration date and it said Jan 2005 (which past). now my question is, is the film bad, will my pictures turn out, cause these are those once in a life time pictures.... Should i get them developed ASAP :confused:

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
puckhead193 said:
I have one of those disposable underwater cameras that i bought about 3 years ago. I bought when i went to the great barrier reef, and i never finished all the pictures on it. So it has been sitting around, i looked at the expiration date and it said Jan 2005 (which past). now my question is, is the film bad, will my pictures turn out, cause these are those once in a life time pictures.... Should i get them developed ASAP :confused:

Yes.
Before summer (heat accelerates the chemical reactions in film).

Good luck.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
You should definitely take them in as soon as possible. Chances are they will be alright. Just inquire that they don't charge for pictures that don't turn out. Being that it's an air tight camera should help. ASAP is the best timing, such as today. Will be interested to hear how they turn out. Maybe you could post some here? ;)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Great........ if they don't turn out i don't know what i'll do...
I can't today but first thing tomorrow morning i'll drop them off.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
James Philp said:
How/where has the camera been stored? What were the conditions?
sitting on shelf, behind a space heater, dry environment (not that it matters causes in an underwater camera) its dusty.

toezter

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2004
Madison, WI
i had a same experience, but it was in the keys.

get them developed asap. ours were sitting around for 1-3 years. funny how you want to take the pics and remember the times :) but most of them did not turn out good. i think it was like a few pic's out of 24. most of them were really bright. but come to think of it, i dont' know if it was user error or film age :confused:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I got the 2 of the 3 cameras back, most of the pictures came back fine. I'm still waiting for the underwater camera. I would scan some but my scanner decided to die or something, and its not working (haven't used it in at least a year) I have to see if their are drivers for it (HP scanjet 6200C)

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
getting film developed? what's film? ;)

I once got a roll developed that was 10 years old. The pictures looked cloudy and soft.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I got my underwater camera pictures back, they came out ok... The lighting was poor so most of the pictures look "blued out" I have to get/fix/find someone with a scanner, and maybe my friend photoshop can help me out.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
puckhead193 said:
I got my underwater camera pictures back, they came out ok... The lighting was poor so most of the pictures look "blued out" I have to get/fix/find someone with a scanner, and maybe my friend photoshop can help me out.

I hope that you will find someone with a scanner. Would really like to see some of your underwater pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.