Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Filza and iFile both have the same features, true, but Filza has cloud access and a batter interface.

Do you work for the developer or something? Never heard of it, never seen anyone recommend it, and can hardly find anything about it on the net.

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Do you work for the developer or something? Never heard of it, never seen anyone recommend it, and can hardly find anything about it on the net.

No. Filza File Manager is (for some reason) the second most preferred file manager app for iPhone file system. It does what iFile does, but better!

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
Filza and iFile both have the same features, true, but Filza has cloud access and a batter interface.

I've used it for a while when I moved to IOS 8. iFile was not updated with the application names. Filza has a free trial. While I liked Filza and felt it was on par with iFile, I did not want or need to spend $6.00 fo buy it. Went back to iFile once the application names where updated. Now if I had not bought iFile a while back, I might have considered Filza as an alternative even though it's more expensive.

guvner

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
I've used it for a while when I moved to IOS 8. iFile was not updated with the application names. Filza has a free trial. While I liked Filza and felt it was on par with iFile, I did not want or need to spend $6.00 fo buy it. Went back to iFile once the application names where updated. Now if I had not bought iFile a while back, I might have considered Filza as an alternative even though it's more expensive.

Unfortunately application names still don't work for the data folder, which makes iFile pretty much useless if you want to access your stored files. It has been working in Filza for a while now.

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
Unfortunately application names still don't work for the data folder, which makes iFile pretty much useless if you want to access your stored files. It has been working in Filza for a while now.

It works in the bundles folder which is enough for now. You can have access of your stored files using that folder. I have used it to update my favorite purchase theme from IOS 7 myself.

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Seems like this guy created user names on several sites to promote it for some reason. I will say with 100% certainty that it's NOT better than iFile.

Mods should close this thread as solicitation.

Seconded!

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia

What? I just want to try and tell everyone Filza IS ACTULLY better. iFile is good and all...

----------

Seems like this guy created user names on several sites to promote it for some reason. I will say with 100% certainty that it's NOT better than iFile.

Mods should close this thread as solicitation.

No! I just want to know what people think about this statement! I am not trying to advertise nor be annoying, I am truly a standard jailbreaker who is a member on Reddit and MacRumors.

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Also, Filza puts app names in the data side of application storage. So much more easier to get to stored documents that way, makes it easy to sync files from cloud to app, even when not in the app normally.

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I've seen posts by @coolstar on twitter that promotes this app over ifile as well (he's not the dev).

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

Attachments

• 2014-12-09 15.58.16.png
    2014-12-09 15.58.16.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 180

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I have both, and find them both very useful, and not enough of a difference for me to choose one over the other. If you have purchased one, it seems to me that it is probably not worth it to purchase the other (I bought both as I purchase pretty much every new tweak/app that comes into cydia that even has a hint of usefulness to me, just for the fun in playing with it).

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
Could you explain how that would work?

File names are located in var/mobile/containers/Bundle/Application

I used the info.plist file to get the Bundle Identifier for new apps but luckily while the icon names changed in most of the apps, the identifiers stayed the same. Also, I've discovered that most of the apps now have the same icon name. I FTP into my iPad using FileZilla to change the icon names of the icons that were not theme. This is the Original Theme for iPad and it has not been updated for IOS 8 but I was able to easily update with the latest Winterboard.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.PNG
    IMG_0538.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0539.PNG
    IMG_0539.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0540.PNG
    IMG_0540.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
post above:

That is a really good looking theme.

Thanks! I love this theme. In IOS 6, I had 3 favorite themes that I used to change back in forth when I get tired of one but with IOS 7, when I discovered you have to create an icon for every app, I knew I had to find 1 theme that I really loved. Now I just change my wallpaper when I want my springboard to look different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.