Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclaren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Hi, I recently shot a music video with the XL1 under the 16:9 setting. I captured under the setting DV NTSC Anamorphic, so when I view the footage when editing it does appear in widescreen in the Canvas and Viewer boxes. But when I try to export the footage into quicktime it shows up distorted and not stretched to widescreen. How can I possibly get this footage to be set as widescreen so that I can export it and put it on DVD in widescreen format? Thanks for your help.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Either export using compressor and choose a 16:9 format

or export a quicktime film and change the settings to dv NTSC anamorphic

or export using a quicktime conversion and change the size to custom and type in the size you want (in a 16:9 ratio)

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
mclaren said:
Hi, I recently shot a music video with the XL1 under the 16:9 setting. I captured under the setting DV NTSC Anamorphic, so when I view the footage when editing it does appear in widescreen in the Canvas and Viewer boxes. But when I try to export the footage into quicktime it shows up distorted and not stretched to widescreen. How can I possibly get this footage to be set as widescreen so that I can export it and put it on DVD in widescreen format? Thanks for your help.
There are lots of links and commentary regarding the 720x480, Standard NTSC 4:3 ratio and working with 16:9 in mind. Ken Stone addresses some of your questions with answers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.