Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Apple staggers these updates, I think. Some people will see it sooner than others. (How do they decide who sees it first? Is it a regional variation worked out with Akamai? Random by MAC address? First come first served?)

geeman

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2001
At My Mac
These updates provide improved reliability.

Improved reliability? That's a joke.

Compressor v2.x has been broken forever. This update STILL doesn't solve the problem Compressor/Qmaster issue that many users have had for months (yours truly included).

Take a look on the Apple discussion forum and feel the pain...

Not good Apple. Not good at all.

geeman

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2001
At My Mac
mullet said:

Thanks Mullet, I was already aware of that workaround. Unfortunately it doesn't fix the Compressor problem on my systems, nor on a lot of other people's systems (take a look on the Compressor Discussion forum at Apple to see).

The Mac I use for FC Studio contains no extensions or haxies - it's a 'pure' OS X machine running all the latest versions and updates. It's a dual 2.7Ghz with 4.0Gb RAM and dual 400Gb HDs, plus two FW800 externals. It's been checked over hardware-wise and has had both Tiger and FC Studio reloaded from scratch twice.

So why doesn't Compressor work? No-one can tell me - or anyone else who's in the same position as I am.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
This has to be the least amounts of comments to a Page 2 report that I've ever seen.

(Guess that's why it's page 2).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.