Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac... nificent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Have you downloaded and tried either Final Cut Pro or Logic Pro for iPad? If so what are your first impressions?

I like how Final Cut Pro is laid out. I just wish the thumb wheel could be moved horizontally so it would scrub a larger area.

The Pencil animations are pretty cool :)

Still disappointed that you can't go back and forth with the desktop version.

I will decide on purchasing it once I see what plugins are available.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Pencil animations are amazing and extremely easy. The 2 biggest drawbacks so far for me is no LUTs/can't copy and paste edits over multiple clips (at least I haven't figured out how) and like you said no back and forth. If I could even just use it to supplement the drawing to the desktop version would be awesome.

Mac... nificent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
The 2 biggest drawbacks so far for me is no LUTs/can't copy and paste edits over multiple clips (at least I haven't figured out how) and like you said no back and forth.
I'm hoping that LUTs can be created in Pixelmator Pro, like they are for the desktop version.

Reactions: cthompson94

autumnmike

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
I played around with logic for iPad today. Pretty pleasantly surprised for what I would use it for. Idk for me, it seems more intuitive than GarageBand. It would always be frustrating for me wanting to change something in GarageBand on iPad and having to think, what is the most dumbbbed down way of doing it.

I hooked up my Scarlett 4-in interface. Very cool that it “just worked”. Except that it only showed me the 2 mic pre ins, not the 2 back 1/4 jacks in. I’m not sure if there is a setting I have to do with the Scarlett before hand.

But I see this being super helpful for recording things on the go.

Reactions: iOScity

cflem

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Texas
They are both really good for a 1.0 version… Classic Apple, will add stuff in as they go… by 2.0 or 3.0 it should be really interesting on a 14”-16” iPad…

Last edited:

inuragon

macrumors member
May 10, 2023
Logic seemed pretty good though some usability quirks. (adding AUs seemed bit weird and plugin UIs didn’t always show completely)
Bit of a shame apple had to remove the headphone jack before this, gonna need to buy a hub to connect midi devices and headphones.
Hopefully we will get super tiny audio interfaces to go with it, rode already has one for headphones and mics but no midi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.