Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Ok so I come from a media 100 for serious things and imovie for non serious things background when it comes to video editing. Recently I've began to try to teach myself Final Cut Pro, but there's just some key differences that have been irritating me.

So I was wondering if Final Cut Express' learning curve was better than Final Cut Pro's and would it be a good bridge between media 100 and imovie? What are your thoughts? I will switch to Express if it's easier. Or is the interface and toolbars the same as Final Cut with just less features?

Thanks!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
As posted above, its basically what you want to do with the software that should drive the purchase choice. If the money isn't that much of an issue and you want to have the control of everything you do, FCP Studio will be the one you want. Express is more of a good choice for people who want to do more than iMovie, but don't need all the features of the full version.

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
jayeskreezy said:
if the learning cuve is the same then its no point to get express

good choice, I think you'll be very happy with it.

Make sure to post a video or two here when you get the chance.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.