Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nowy69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm just starting with FCPX, and few days ago I had some issues with my project.
So I'll start from the beginning.
I've started my project on external disk, because I did not have any space on my Mac. So everything was cool, and I was finishing my project, but I've done something stupid. I've closed my Mac, and pull out the disk without ejecting it first, the fcpx was opened and I think it was rendering something. After that I realized what I have done, so I connected the disk first, and then opened the Mac. Then I saw the problem (first screenshot), I didn't know what is this, so I started looking in hope I recover the project.
I found some answers, that I can copy all the files from the library folder, and past them to new library. But it doesn't work, it shows problem with copying "Frame 0 - 1023" and it's called "error 36". (second screenshot)
Then I tried to recover from backup, and another problem was appearing that the file is damaged (third screenshot)

For now, I don't know what to do. I was searching the answers in google, but I dont found any.
I still believe that it will be possible to save the project.

I've tried to open library on another Mac, but there is the same problem.

I will be grateful for any answers.
Problem fcp.jpeg problem finder.jpeg The Finder can not complete this action, some data can not be read or written to "Frame 0 - 1023". (Error code -36)
problem fcp 1 2.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.